The Landed Estates & Rural Businesses team at Beavis Morgan is proud to be a member of the Country Land and Business Association (CLA), who’s role in fighting for the rural economy is fundamental in protecting the interests of its 33,000-strong membership in relation to rural issues at local, national and EU levels.
As Landed Estates and Rural Business experts, we know only too well the challenges and opportunities facing land owners in today’s economic and business environment and, over the years, we have successfully advised many members of the CLA who collectively own or manage over 50 per cent of the rural land in England and Wales.
The team is headed by Barrie Dunning, who provides clients with over 40 years’ experience in dealing with landed estates and rural businesses, giving long and short-term planning advice, clearing difficult corporate and personal tax planning problems, and suggesting business plans to increase his clients’ wealth.
Some examples of how Barrie and the team have helped landed estates and rural business clients include:
- Advice on moving assets to the next generation through the use of companies, trusts and other special purpose vehicles
- Restructuring of trading entities on the estate
- Protection of estate name
- VAT planning on farm buildings and listed buildings
- Advice on restrictive covenants
- Capital taxes planning, including mitigating exposure to inheritance tax and capital gains tax on chattels and land
Our Landed Estates and Rural Business experts provide accountancy support services for estate accountants, supplying owners with annual accounts and business forecasts for all estate activities, e.g. rental, farming, fishing, shooting, paintballing, horse stabling, wedding ventures and other activities.
We are readily available and are committed to helping to support landed estates and rural businesses.