Step-by-step guide updated to reflect recent changes to the scheme, and a new key dates guide has also been published.
The Government has provided a step by step guide explaining the information that employers need to provide to HMRC to make a claim through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS). It also describes the processes involved and includes an updated section on holiday pay, with further clarity on when employees can be furloughed.
Please note, there are now monthly CJRS deadlines for claims, which we have outlined below. This means that you may need to submit earlier than you have in previous months.
The new deadlines for CJRS claims are as follows:
- 14 December 2020 – Final date to submit claims for November 2020 by 11:59pm
- 14 January 2021 – Final date to submit claims for December 2020 by 11:59pm
- 15 February 2021 – Final date to submit claims for January 2021 by 11:59pm
- 15 March 2021 – Final date to submit claims for February 2021 by 11:59pm
- 14 April 2021 – Final date to submit claims for March 2021 by 11:59pm
- Download this list of dates to help you submit your claim before it’s too late.
For further information about the Government measures to protect individuals and businesses, visit our COVID-19: Support for UK businesses hub.