HMRC has detected more than 450 Covid financial support scams, responded to more than one million reports of suspicious contact and reported more than 13,000 malicious web pages last year.
Beware of fake notifications from HMRC.
Check a list of recent letters from HMRC to help you decide if a letter you’ve received is a scam. Contents:
- Letter OCA300 — repayment of Student Loan deductions
- Overpaid Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grants
- Research about employee experience of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Research about the digitisation of Child Benefit
- Refund of Income Tax from changes to your Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grant
- Other letters you should check
If your letter is not listed here check other letters sent by HMRC.
If you have any concerns regarding your tax return or other related matters, our experts at Beavis Morgan are available to assist. We take the hassle of dealing with HMRC away from you, so that you don’t need to deal directly with them. We are also able to advise on all aspects of tax whether compliance or planning.