Do you agree with this statement? Many of our other clients do. In this economy, cash is king and managing your cash flow is more important than ever.
If you are concerned about the future of your business, then take some time to reflect on where you are and what could happen in the next few months. It is now vitally important for all businesses to plan ahead for a range of scenarios. Cash flow and business planning in these uncertain times may appear difficult but there are some practical steps you can take to minimise potential disruption to your business:cas
- Review your budgets and set realistic and achievable targets for 2022.
- Get your employees involved in a discussion of likely trading conditions and seek their input on reducing costs and maintaining revenues.
- Review and flow chart the main processes in your business (e.g. sales processing, order fulfilment, shipping etc.) and challenge the need for each step.
- Put extra effort into making sure your relationships with your customers are solid.
- Review your list of products and services and eliminate those that are unprofitable or not core products/services.
- Pull everyone together, explain the business strategy and obtain their buy-in.
We specialise in helping our clients manage their cash flow. We do this by preparing and updating detailed cash flow forecasts, combining our expertise with the latest and most intelligent software. We can also help you negotiate or renegotiate overdraft facilities and find specific funding to help you grow. Adding to this, our independent finance brokerage BM Structured Finance is readily available to assist start-ups and growing businesses source the right funding for their individual needs.
Please talk to us about cash flow planning for the next few months; we can work together with you to produce estimates for a variety of scenarios.